Click here to visit
our list of resources!
UK Accounting Jobs
Within the world of electronic security and fire systems our client has few peers. Its strength lies in providing the most comprehensive and responsive network of its kind and an approach to customer service that is the envy of the industry.
NATIONAL ACCOUNT MANAGER
REPORTS TO Sales Director
DIRECT REPORTS None
Home based – central England
To be responsible for the management and sales generation from a set number of existing customers, proactively identifying and converting new account opportunities.
• Fully manage a portfolio of existing accounts and be solely responsible for sales generation from those accounts.
• Ensure the client is given the highest possible level of service covering all areas of account management.
• Develop account strategies to maximise sales opportunities in conjunction with the Sales Manager.
• Responsible for identifying new business in conjunction with the Sales Manager.
• Ensure optimum cross-selling activity.
• Provide reliable sales forecasts to the Sales Manager on a weekly basis.
• Report on competitor activities.
• Accurately complete the necessary documentation regarding any spec/design in accordance with the required standards and codes of practice.
• Ensure documentation is submitted to the relevant branch installation personnel in a timely fashion.
• Work in conjunction with other members of the national accounts team.
• Develop strong working relationships with Branch personnel, particularly Branch Managers.
• Liaise with all relevant internal departments as necessary.
• Minimum 5 years sales experience gained within the electronic security industry.
• A proven track record of achievement with evidence of significant business development with end users.
• Commercially aware, able to demonstrate a thorough understanding of “gross margin”.
• Possess basic IT skills - able to use email, Word and Excel.
• Results driven, consistent high performer.
• Able to demonstrate ‘can do’ attitude.
• Having the stature and credibility to gain respect of clients, employees and senior management.
• Exhibit well developed communication/interpersonal/ presentation skills, able to influence at all levels.
• Full UK driving licence
• Extensive travel throughout the country, necessitating in occasional nights away from home