Click here to visit
our list of resources!
UK Accounting Jobs
Our client is one of the UK's leading data services companies. They help their clients to maximise the value of their customer data, empowering them to make better, more informed business decisions. Their successful growth has created an exciting opportunity for a Client Account Manager.
Working closely with the Sales Director and the professional services team, the Client Account Manager will manage the commercial relationship with nominated client accounts. The Client Account Manager will also be required to identify and develop new business opportunities within the nominated client accounts, building a pipeline of potential business that will ensure sales targets are met.
The Key Responsibilities of the role are:
1. Responsible for sales performance and growth of the nominated accounts;
2. Re-negotiation and renewal of existing client contracts;
3. To identify new business / revenue opportunities in the accounts;
4. To work closely with the professional services team to ensure that contracted services are effectively delivered to the client;
5. Obtain the clients' commitment to the new / additional products and services, either on an ad hoc basis, or preferably as part of an enhancement to the contract between the companies;
6. Operate proactively at a senior level within accounts in support of business opportunities to provide maximum exposure and credibility in exploiting the identified opportunities;
7. To co-operate with the Sales Director to achieve the goals of the Sales team and assist where required in the pre-sales and bid support processes for the new business function in the sales team;
10. Work with the professional services team to make sure that all services delivered to clients complies with the Data Protection Act and any other relevant regulations or industry ‘best practice' guidance;
11. Build strong working relationships with the Company's consultancy and delivery resource to ensure effective and profitable use is made of the products and services being proposed and sold;
12. To collaborate with Partner organisations to maximise the value of the services delivered to the clients and resultant revenue to GB Group;
14. Work with the Sales Director to provide accurate progress reporting and to develop account plans explaining how targets will be met.
15. To regularly update forecast, pipeline and activity information for management reporting.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) with appropriate marketing qualifications;
- Proven experience of account handling in the marketing services industry;
- Pre-sales experience in the marketing services industry;
- In-depth experience of database marketing and campaign management technologies and techniques;
- Knowledge and experience of key database and marketing issues in the key target sectors of Retail / Home Shopping, Financial Services, Travel & Leisure and Telco & Utilities sectors;
- Knowledge of the principles of database management design and delivery, including name and address matching techniques, application of customer suppression routines and data augmentation;
- Understanding of geo-demographic, lifestyle and statistical analysis principles and techniques;
- Knowledge of the marketing suppressions data market to a level sufficient to offer clients advice and guidance on suppression strategy;
- Ability to demonstrate a successful record of achievements of allocated sales targets;
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills aligned with the necessary confidence and business awareness to be a persuasive influence within the nominated clients;
- Understanding of Data Protection Legislation and the impact compliance has on marketing activity.
They also offer you a rewarding salary and benefits package, including Bupa, pension and life assurance.
To apply for this role, please simply send your CV via the button show.