Click here to visit
our list of resources!
UK Accounting Jobs
We have an excellent career opportunity for a Design Engineer located in Hertfordshire to maintain effective engineering design control, through quality technical documentation and bills of material in accordance to company standards & procedures.
Essential Functions and Duties:
1. Work in conjunction with Project Engineers to produce systems based on the standard client's product range.
2. Determination and evaluation of customer applications.
3. Assisting the Project Engineer in producing detailed quotations and explanation of the
4. Production of site layout drawings and schematics (some UK and worldwide travel may be
5. Work in conjunction with Design Team Leader to take new product design from R&D into
6. Implementing effective engineering design control & PLM through company PDM system &
ECO in SAP (ERP).
7. Design for Manufacture of new materials using FMEA / Risk Assessment, FEA
(CosmosWorks), 3D CAD (SolidWorks), and legacy 2D CAD packages (ME10).
8. Structuring new designs in ERP system (SAP). Compiling Bills of Materials and other
Essential documentation including Quality Standard documents (ISO9000).
9. Modification to electrical designs, including printed circuit boards and assemblies.
10. Working to agreed timescales and communicating progress at regular intervals to all levels
Within the business.
11. Ensure design processes and finished products comply with legal and commercial standards.
12. Assistance in Acceptance Testing (both at factory and customer site).
13. Compilation of comprehensive Technical Files.
14. Exceptional focus on Right First Time Design and minimizing warranty costs.
You will have experience of managing projects. Competent on 3D CAD modeling using SolidWorks (FEA using CosmosWorks), Legacy 2D CAD, Microsoft office suite, Lotus Notes and SAP (or other high end ERP system).
For an informal conversation regarding the role of Design Engineer in Hertfordshire please contact Janet Marsh on 01582 878809 or via email at JMarsh@Redlineplc.Com