Click here to visit
our list of resources!
UK Accounting Jobs
My client is a well-established world wide broadline distributor who have supplier agreements with some of the worlds largest manufactures of electro-mechanical, semiconductor, passive and active components. They are renowned for their breadth of product knowledge and stock, and have clients in all of the major market sectors.
They now seek to compliment their team with the inclusion of a Programming Centre Manager to manage the UK Programming Centre production facility to support key customer growth through provision of high quality, on time output of programmed and tape/reeled Devices and provide specialist technical and commercial input to the business leaders, relating to programming services, to support strategic decision making on investment and service provision.
Your key responsibilities:
· Management of work scheduling and production control processes to ensure that available capacity is matched to demand and output is produced and shipped to meet customer requirements and cycle time obligations - at optimum productivity.
· Management of Expense and capital budgets to ensure that centre meets standard cost. Ensure that the Centre meets it's twin objectives of competitive pricing and full cost recovery.
· Management, development and training of the Programming Centre team to ensure that competencies and motivation match the output requirements, establishing a culture that is open, team-orientated and flexible, demonstrating personal qualities of commitment, enthusiasm, integrity and openness.
· Development of appropriate work process instructions/aids and operator training processes - including the use of GPS production management systems. Ensuring achievement and improvement of high quality standards.
· Provision of technical consultancy and advice to the business for strategic and tactical purposes and to the Programming Centre for optimising work methods, equipment utilisation and problem solving.
· Being seen as the leader of a major "differentiator" within the Distribution industry and acting as specialist ambassador with customers, Arrow sales organisations, suppliers and internal staff.
· To promote and raise the Programming Centre profile and levels of customer satisfaction by ensuring that appropriate channels of communication with the business are available and properly utilised.
· Development of all necessary system tools.
· Ensure high standards of housekeeping are maintained, and that health and safety legislation is complied with.
· To manage and address operative performance, attendance, or other related issues with guidance from Human Resources, in compliance with the HR Manual and Employment Law.
Experience / Skills
· Experience with direct interface to customers.
· Educated to degree level or equivalent.
· Demonstrable skill in delivering through people, developing strong staff relations and inspiring loyalty, enthusiasm and motivation.
· Commercial awareness with experience of managing cost centres and setting pricing.
· Ability to understand, assess and manage for results, complex order flow, complex equipment and processes.
-Experience in production and scheduling environment with short order lead-time, high service level, customer focussed businesses.
To apply for this position please contact Janet Marsh on 01582 450054 or JMarsh@Redlineplc.com
For further details on this and many other vacancies visit our website at www.redlineplc.com