Click here to visit
our list of resources!
UK Accounting Jobs
Stock Controller / Stock Planner – Office Based
£18,000 - £20,000
Our client is an established and expanding distributor of garden machinery and replacement parts, looking for an experienced office based Stock Controller / Stock Planner.
The successful Stock Controller / Stock Planner will have extensive previous experience of stock control, forecasting and inventory management experience, ideally gained within a high volume, fast paced environment.
Your main responsibilities will be to administer, manage and control the company's stock to agreed standards and budgets. You will also maximise the company's return on their stock invested through effective buying, planning and forecasting to meet their sales demands and stock availability targets. This role will focus on forecast setting, day to day purchase order preparation, negotiation with suppliers as well as general stock administration.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
1. Purchasing policy and planning
2. Forecasting future stock requirements and development of existing forecasting and re-ordering processes
3. Preparation of purchase orders on a daily basis, considering best buying rates, EOQ and stock budgets
4. Price negotiation with suppliers and communication of special promotions to sales and marketing teams
5. Purchase invoice discrepancy review and resolution
6. Stock administration
- Authorisation of credits for handling charges, damaged items, etc
- Review of lines to be stocked
- Review of lines to be de-stocked
- Review of stock quantity discrepancies
7. Stock checking administration and process management
8. Daily stock check sheet preparation
9. Approval of stock adjustments
- Liaising with suppliers, customers, sales and warehouse teams.
- Training of support colleagues in purchasing procedure and policy
The ideal candidate will have a good standard of education and the following skills:
1. Experience of Microsoft Applications including Word and Excel
2. Excellent organisational skills
3. Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
4. Ability to enter data accurately
5. Strong numerical literacy and handwriting skills
6. Attention to detail
7. Excellent time management skills with ability to prioritise tasks effectively
8. Ability to work as part of a team
9. Able to work on own initiative
10. An eye for detail and a desire for accuracy
Stock Controller, Stores Manager, Warehouse and Distribution Manager, Logistics Co-ordinator, Stock Manager, Transport Manager, Stock Controller, Stock Planner, Stock Allocator, Stock Manager, Stock Administrator, Buying Assistant.
To apply for this role, please simply send your CV via the button shown. If your skills and experience meet with our client's requirements, they will be given full exposure to your details. Applicant details submitted will only be used in conjunction with this vacancy.