Click here to visit
our list of resources!
UK Accounting Jobs
Our client focuses on providing computerised core business solutions to three defined sectors: Local Government, Occupational Pensions and Social Housing. They utilise their own Workflow and Electronic Document Management software and combine this with specialist sector expertise to provide state of the art computerised solutions. They now have a vacancy for a Developer working as a part of the team in their Leeds Office.
We are looking for someone with J2ee programming experience, a knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle, good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate well. In addition, it would be beneficial to have experience of software development in the area of 2D image processing together with some experience of designing client server systems. Any experience designing Web Applications would also be an advantage. The role will include analysis, design and programming of new applications together with some ongoing maintenance and support of existing software, both internally and on live customers' systems. The position would be almost entirely office based, although visits to customer's sites may be required from time to time, as would visits to other offices.
The successful candidate will be expected to perform a variety of specific job functions as defined but not limited to those shown below together with any general duties as defined from time to time in the Terms and Conditions of Employment:
* To develop new applications working from pre-prepared program specifications
* To maintain and correct existing applications
* To prepare program specifications from pre-prepared business requirement documents
* To liaise with QA team in particular regard to the test plans prepared by the QA team from the program specifications defined above.
* To support customers running existing applications by use of a variety of support tools
* To communicate with Trainers, Demonstrators and Implementers regarding new software functionality
Training in the use of Rational products will be given where necessary and a working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel is assumed.
Your package will be: salary circa £25,000-£30,000 p.a. depending on experience + stakeholder pension + medical expenses scheme + permanent health insurance + life insurance. To apply please send your CV via the button shown.
Our client is striving towards Equal Opportunities and employs people based solely on merit, regardless of their gender, ethnic status, religion or disability. The company is a wholly owned company of the Civica Group of companies.