Click here to visit
our list of resources!
UK Accounting Jobs
• Resolve incidents and problems including classification, prioritisation and initiation of action, documentation of root causes and implementation of remedies.
• Provide 2nd line support for the incident/problem management process.
• Deliver effective 2nd line problem solving for the IBM p-Series platform, p-Series hosted services and associated network services.
• Provide support to the Technical Services team in the delivery of projects.
• Liaise with key IT suppliers in support of IT operations.
• Provide mentorship, coaching and direction to junior team members as required.
• General pSeries systems administration
• Performance optimisation
• Ensure security and access control rules are followed, monitor the virus protection system, e-mail and web facilities reporting breaches to the IT security manager.
• Ensure compliance with appropriate regulations
• IBM certified specialist
• 7 years AIX administration and strong knowledge of IBM p-Series and scripting (shell and Perl)
• Management of high availability clusters
• Deployment of p-Series hardware, firmware and software upgrades
• Weblogic configuration and administration
• Oracle administration
• Communications (TCP/IP)
• WAN and LAN
• AIX system administration